Mother shares a story to Callamard, human rights group about her pain when she discovered that her daughter is taking drugs



A Filipina mother shared a story to United Nations Special Rapporteur Dr. Agnes Callamard and to the netizens how painful to discover that her beloved daughter was addicted to drugs.

Carmelita Sandal Ybañez-Mangubat shares the story of her family’ struggle in I am Pinoy, Proud Ako Facebook fanpage.

She narrated how the law made them hard to control her daughter and put her in a rehabilitation facility.

Mrs. Ybañez-Mangubat said that they spent many time and money just to get a permission to a judge to put her daughter in the rehabilitation center.

She also said that they hired three security guards just to ensure that her daughter would not stole their belongings and money just to buy illegal drugs.

It made them difficult to regain their daughter because the law protected her and she became a menace in the society.

But the drug addicted daughter was able to regain herself because of her mother’s dedication to cure her drug addiction and after spending time and money just to rehabilitate her for six months.

Now Carmelita’s daughter is now working in Saudi Arabia.

The story shared by Carmelita proved how drugs almost destroyed her daughter’s brain.

This is the whole story that Mrs. Ybañez-Mangubat shared on the internet.

A Mother shared her story about drugs address to UN Rapporteur: 

From: Carmelita Sandal Ybañez-Mangubat
To: AGNES CALLAMARD, UNITED NATIONS, CHR, HRW: 

I am a Mother of a daughter who was into drugs way back in 2000, she was very hard to control and the law make it hard for me to get her into a rehab because I must spend time and money to be able to get a judge approve my petition. 

Then when I was able to bring her into the rehab facility, she was then called A PATIENT under the care of a psychiatrist at the rehab center! 

Because of her rights protected by the law, even her own mother cannot help her without the court's approval. 

It has deprived me of many days off from work so it hampered my financial life, my peace of mind since I have to get a 24-hr (3 shifts) security guard to watch her and our belongings. She stole my things and money. 

She became a menace to our family and then to society! 

BUT glory to God I did not give up tho was hindered by the law who protected her but deprived me to restore her to her real self because she lost control of her mind. 

Glory to God after 6 months rehab with lots of money spent to rehabilitate her and lots of time off my job she has been restored and started to improve her life. 

She is now employed as an OFW in Saudi.

Maraming salamat po sa pag-share ng inyong kuwento!

 SOURCE

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.